The Charter is a week long ski trip we take once or twice during the winter. We either fly out west in Canada or the U.S., or to Europe. Every year we plan two trips, one to start your season and one to cap it off!
We are super excited about our 2020 trips. Sign up will begin in September. For now, here are the destinations and dates.
- Charter #1: Bad Hofgastein/ Holstein Valley, Austria- January 24- February 2, 2020
- Charter #2: Banff, AB March 21-28, 2020 CANCELLED
REMINDER: You must already be a member to sign up for trips. Membership sales kick off on September 19. Trip sign up is first come, first served and priority is given to those who submit their application in person on trip opening night. All applications must have membership number clearly indicated on them or they will not be accepted. Acceptance does not guarantee a spot on the trip. Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their inclusion on the trip within 10 business days.
Bad Hofgastein, Austria
Trip dates: January 24- February 2, 2020
This year we head to Bad Hofgastein, Austria. Described by The Telegraph as “a sizeable, spacious, quiet spa town set on flat ground in the widest part of the Gastein valley, with funicular access to the slopes”. What more could one want? A little skiing, a little spa and a stroll through an Austrian village.
Johannesbad Hotel Palace, 4 star
Just a few minutes’ walk away from the centre of Bad Hofgastein, Johannesbad Hotel Palace offers an extensive health and beauty programme. Let yourself be pampered in the beauty farm, enjoy a thermal bath and a relaxing massage, or head out to the nearby ski slopes. The free local ski bus stops at the door.
Comfortable rooms with beautiful mountain views, a bar with live music, an elegant lobby with open fireplace and an indoor tennis centre with 2 carpet courts and direct access from the hotel await you.
The spacious spa area of the Johannesbad Hotel Palace features a panoramic indoor pool, a herbal sauna, a steam bath and much more. Medical treatments include thermal baths and fango.
On our final night, we will head to the town of Salzburg. Not only is this the place immortalized in “The Sound of Music” it is also where Mozart was born AND where the HQ of Red Bull is located. The afternoon is yours when we arrive so you can hit the tourist sites or simply stroll the old town.
Included in Price:
• Round-trip flights from Toronto to Salzburg on Lufthansa
• Private airport/hotel private coach transfers
• Seven night’s accommodation in Bad Hofgastein
• Buffet breakfasts and multi-course/buffet dinners daily in Bad Hofgastein
• 6 day Amade multi area ski pass
• All local hotel taxes and resort fees
• Local ski bus shuttle service
• One night in central Salzburg (Feb 1st) in a good 4 star hotel with breakfast and taxes included
Included are flights aboard Lufthansa via Frankfurt both ways. Here is the schedule:
LH 471 24JAN YYZ to FRA 600P 745A
LH 1592 25JAN FRA to SZG 915A 1010A
LH 1593 02FEB SZG to FRA 1045A 1145P
LH 470 02FEB FRA to YYZ 125P 405P
Clients booking their own flights may deduct $1050 from the above package price. Transfers will still be provided as long as they arrive/depart at times similar to the group.
Lufthansa charges $100 per direction for the second piece of check-in luggage on international flights. This is payable only at check-in.
$2950 CAD per person, based on double occupancy
- Single Supplement $200 (limited rooms available)
- Non-skiers deduction $400
- Clients booking their own flights may deduct $1050 from the above quotes.
- Participants choosing a “5 of 7” ski pass can deduct $25.
- Payment by credit card +$70.
How to sign up? Come to our opening night, sign up as a member and then head over to the Charter sign up desk. You must be a member with 2019-2020 membership number in order to sign up.
- $500 Non Refundable Deposit due on Sign Up
- Balance due on November 21st, 2019
- FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. Sign up opens September 19th.
- Cheque / Interac: Price as quoted includes a $70 discount.
- Credit Cards accepted. Please add $70.
Prices are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, changes in air taxes, if there are less than 16 participants.
***Applications will not be accepted without postdated cheques payable to Vacation Station***
Trip Captain: Ann Parkhill
Trip dates: March 21 – March 28, 2020
NOTE: DUE TO LOW SIGN-UPS this trip is cancelled. If you signed up, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to have your deposit refunded or assigned to another trip.